Monday, October 24, 2005

Mississippi Damage / Hurricane Katrina

Here is just a sample of what I saw when we traveled to Mississippi.
I am anxious to get home and back to a normal life. I miss Lori and Ethan very much and want to see all of my family and friends. This has been an amazing experience for me.

This house was blown across the street into a neighbors yard.
Here is a typical sight of a house completely gone. Wiped right off it's foundation. No sign of any structure that resembled a house was found around this area.
A swimming pool and patio are all that's left of this house. Sometimes we could not even figure out where the house was if not for landmarks like this.
I have lots of images of cars turned up side down, twisted apart and thrown around as if they had no weight.
This is not a FEMA trailer but here is where this resident lives. This trailer is sitting in what was the middle of their house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home